Monday, May 18, 2009

planting a tree can't be that hard.....

So today was our big tree planting day. Melinda had grown me a little tree from a tiny twig at her house and brought it over last week. So, since the 40 days & nights of rain decided to stop~
it's tree planting day! I thought that it was kinda fishy that no one else had really planted any trees in their backyards, but oh do I get it now. ROCK. I mean big thick rock is about 8 inches down. I hit the rock and didn't exactly know what to do. I was gonna move my spot, but I was mad that I had already torn up my sod in that spot so I dug on. It took a while, but we did it! Here's the proof!
my big helper
Success! Thanks Melinda! Now let's just see if I can keep it alive....

Next~ mow the yard.....
Nicholas LOVES mowing the yard!
If anyone needs a good yard mower I've got one!
You provide the snacks and juice and we'll be there!

2 comments:

lg2006 said...

LOL so did he like it? The noise didnt scare him?

grizaham said...

Thats a great tree!! I noticed one growing in our yard last time i mowed so i am trying to let it get big! ITs about 8 inches tall now!

I also LOVE mowing the yard Nicholas!!